Okay it's exciting to get my assignment! I'll be in Charles Hall and my roomie is Amy! If I'm not wrong, we're the only international students around in the suite. And guess what? We didn't get the apartment, which has the kitchen and all. We got the suite instead.
Anyway, Amy said she isn't a big eater, so we'd probably share through our meals to even out the portions. Wei Yi and I have resolved to NOT put on weight =)
Please help me pray that I'd be able to move in on Jan 16. By right, I have to stay out till Jan 17 because the checking in time is only from 11-4pm and Justin and I will only arrive in College Park at about 6+pm. So hopefully, Amy, who is in New York shopping right now haha, can open the door for me. Hope it's not against some strict rules either :)
I'm quite excited =) Meeting new people, a new kind of lifestyle, new challenges, and really really hoping to do JOURN modules. Gosh, there's almost nothing left to take in Communications! So really really keeping my fingers crossed that I can take the modules I'm desiring to!
Amidst all the hoo haa and excitement, I'm actually worried I won't have the discipline to do my bible reading :[ But I think God has put this desire in me to read His Word, though I admit I'm not exactly obedient to that desire all the time. Hope it will be as what Pastor Wilson prayed over us, that we will have such uneasiness when we miss reading His Word even for a day.
Anyway, my resolution for the year is to hear His voice and be obedient to it.
Meantime, some prayer pointers would include,
1) protection over me, God protect me against big bullies and robbers!
2) build meaningful friendships, opportunities to share about Jesus
Anyway, if you haven't realised, I don't think I'd be able to post pictures of my cooking cos I don't have a kitchen to start with. Boo.
Gonna go read some cool article in TIME, God vs. Science. Hope it's a good read.
CYA!
No comments:
Post a Comment